FAR Bunsen Burner Test Apparatus
The FTT Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) Bunsen Burner Test Apparatus conforms to the fire test methods described in FAA Aircraft Material Fire Test Handbook for aircraft materials. The apparatus is supplied as a complete system incorporating all the features necessary for ease of use and safety. It enables the user to test according to five Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) test methods. These are:
- Vertical Bunsen burner test for cabin and cargo compartment materials
- 45Degree Bunsen burner test for cargo compartment liners and waste stowage compartment materials
- Horizontal Bunsen burner test for cabin, cargo compartment, and miscellaneous materials
- 60Degree Bunsen burner test for electric wire
- Recommended procedure for the 4ply horizontal flammability test for aircraft blankets.
- A bench mounted draft free stainless steel combustion chamber having a large inside volume of 0.85m3 and fitted with an interior light and exhaust fan to enable simple evacuation of combustion products
- In addition to the chamber five sample mounting systems are offered for the five test methods listed above. Any one is readily replaced by a an alternative mounting system
- Three digital test duration timers for accurate but simplified operation
- A burner and precision gas control system including gas flow meter, pressure regulator and pressure gauge
- Two access ports enabling easy entry to the chamber for movement of the burner and specimen
- Large door and window made from toughened safety glass giving a generous view of the specimen during a test
- Flame height indicator
We are the only authorized Fire Testing Technology Agent in North America.