iCone 2+ Calorimeter
ISO 5660; ASTM E1354; ASTM E1474; ASTM E1740; ASTM F1550; ASTM D6113; CAN ULC 135; BS 476 Part 15
The iCone²⁺ Calorimeter (ISO 5660; ASTM E1354) is the latest in the FTT Cone range. It incorporates all of the best features of our range of cone calorimeters. Specifically, the iCone2 offers cutting edge PCB based technology, in a modular and robust build. Also, this new calorimeter has remote communication, cone operation and diagnostic facilities that allow FTT the ability to efficiently respond, diagnose problems and service installations all over the world.
The iCone²⁺ is the most advanced, reliable and user-friendly Cone Calorimeter in the world.
Why this iCone 2+ Calorimeter?
The Cone Calorimeter is the most significant bench scale instrument in the field of fire testing. Building on FTT’s decades of expertise in design and manufacture of calorimeters, the iCone²⁺ features an interactive and straightforward interface, automatic or manual control. This instrument is sophisticated and has flexible control options, and built-in data acquisition technology. Furthermore, it incorporates many new features not previously seen by fire testing laboratories, while being compact, accurate, reliable and easily maintained.
Directly Measured Properties:
- Heat release rate
- Time to ignition
- Mass loss rate
- Smoke release rate
- Effective heat of combustion
- Rates of release of combustion gas (e.g. carbon oxides)
International, as well as several national standardization bodies, standards have been published describing the equipment.
- Furniture (ASTM E1474)
- Wall lining materials (ASTM E1740)
- Prison mattresses (ASTM F1550)
- Electric cables (ASTM D6113)
- Railway rolling-stock applications (EN 45545-2)
- Maritime applications (IMO)
Unique Features of the iCone²⁺:
- Online support and remote diagnostics add control of instruments from FTT for effortless support
- Design based on cutting edge surface mounted PCB technology
- PCB modular design creates improved serviceability and reliability
- Improved laser mounting system for easier setup and calibration as well as elimination of thermal drift
- Improved life expectancy of the instrument
- Latest generation gas analyzers with PCB and touchscreen technology
- Remote cone heater assembly positioning control
- So the heater-specimen surface separation can be adjusted pre- and mid-test, to ease the testing of intumescing or thermally distorting specimens
- Programmable heat flux exposure regimes.
- Up to 10 consecutive heat flux ramping or holding phases
- Motorized heat shield to protect specimen from heat exposure before test
- 5.5″ color touchscreen test control panel, next to specimen
- Supplements principal computer control
- Automatic calibration by ConeCalc Software