Large Scale Oxygen Consumption Calorimetry- Room Corner Test
(ISO 9705; EN 14390; ASTM D5424; ASTM D5537; ASTM E603; ASTM E1537; ASTM E1590; ASTM E1822; NFPA 265; UL 1685; NT FIRE 25; NT FIRE 32)
Gas Analysis Instrumentation Console
Among other options, FTT also offer burners constructed to ISO 9705 Annex A1 and A2 complete with gas train. A mass flow controller with digital display controls the gas flow.
The gas controls include an auto ignition unit incorporating several safety features.
The method evaluates the fire characteristics of a surface product in a room fire scenario. The main field of application is for building products that, for some reason, cannot be tested in small scale, for example thermoplastic materials, joint systems and large irregular shaped materials. Other products can also be evaluated in the method, for example pipe insulation and upholstered furniture.
The Consumption Corner tests simulate a fire that starts under well ventilated conditions, in a corner of a small consumption with a single open doorway. The method is intended to evaluate the contribution to fire growth provided by a surface product using a specified ignition source. The test provides data for a specified ignition source for the early stages of a fire from ignition up to flashover. The standards listed above require specific measurement techniques inside and outside the consumption.
FTT Room Corner Test
FTT supply the Room Corner test with the appropriate instrumentation depending on customer’s requirements; a complete system and installation, an upgrade to existing facilities or just the gas analysis instrumentation console and a duct section for those with a wish to build their own apparatus.
The analyser console contains all the necessary instrumentation to measure heat release rate and other associated parameters. The analyser has been developed specifically for FTT Calorimeters; incorporating a high stability temperature controlled paramagnetic oxygen sensor (optional CO/CO2) with flow control and bypass for fast response. The specification of this instrumentation is the same for both large and small scale calorimeters and can therefore also be conveniently used with the FTT Cone Calorimeter.
When used with the Cone Calorimeter the console is conveniently located with the Cone Calorimeter unit.
The Duct Insert contains probes for gas sampling and exhaust flow measurement along with smoke measurement equipment (white light or laser). Most dynamic fire testing apparatuses can be instrumented with this equipment to measure heat release and smoke production rates from products burnt in them.
- Gas Analysis Instrumentation
- Console. For the measurement of:
- Oxygen consumption
- CO2 production
- CO production (optional extra)
- Laser measuring circuitry for dynamic smoke measurement (optional extra)
- Cooling column/cold trap for the removal of moisture
- Moisture and CO2 drier tubes
- Vent valve to ensure correct gas pressure
- Duct insert for Room Corner test showing laser smoke unit and sampling ports. Fitted with:
- Sampling probe for the oxygen consumption and CO/CO2 gas train
- Bidirectional probe for volume flow monitoring
- 0.5 mW Helium neon laser system with photometric detector, all in a rigid cradle with a retaining strip around the duct (optional) or White Light Smoke Measurement System (optional)
- Flow thermocouple and smoke thermocouple
- Soot filter for removal of fine particulate
LSHRCalc is a Microsoft Windows based software package that enables automatic data collection and manipulation from the sophisticated data logger supplied with the Gas Analysis Instrumentation Console. It automatically calculates the heat release rate and associated parameters generating a detailed report for the product(s) being
The user friendly software interface allows the operator:
- To see the status of the instrument White light smoke measurement system Mattress test CA TB 603/16 CFR Part 1633
- Calculate the required parameters
- Calibrate the instrument and store calibration results
- Collect and view data generated during a test
- Present the results in a manner approved by the Standards
We are the only authorized Fire Testing Technology Agent in North America.