Oxygen Index Apparatus
- ASTM D 2863
- BS 2782 Part 141
- ISO 4589
The Oxygen Index (LOI) fire test is perhaps the most economical and precise quality control test for combustible materials. Its ease of use together with high levels of precision has made this technique a primary characterization and quality control tool for the plastic materials and electric cable industries. It is often used in materials specifications and material/product data sheets and included in some US Mil Specs. The test assesses the minimum percentage of oxygen in the test atmosphere that is required to marginally support combustion.
While many designs of the LOI test apparatus calculate oxygen index based on the flow of oxygen and nitrogen, the FTT unit incorporates a paramagnetic oxygen analyzer for precise measurement of oxygen concentration without the need for calculations and frequent recalibrations.
- Paramagnetic Oxygen Analyzer for assessing accurate oxygen (± 0.1%) levels.
- Compact unit for efficient use inside a laboratory hood, with ventilation.
- Automatic flow control gives oxygen level adjustment by turning one single valve.
- Quick loading of test specimen into test chimney measuring 450 mm x 75 mm.
- Digital display of oxygen percentage in atmosphere during test (no calculations needed).
- Digital display of temperature of gas mixture entering the test chimney.
- Quick loading of sample into test chimney.
- Sample holders for both rigid and flexible samples supplied.